Anthony Phillips Director
Anthony is a Chartered Accountant, Registered Liquidator, Official Liquidator and has been a turnaround and insolvency professional for in excess of 20 years. As a founding partner of Heard Phillips Chartered Accountants, a specialist turnaround and insolvency practice, he has worked on numerous engagements across a wide variety of industries assisting directors, financiers, creditors and their advisers dealing with businesses in financial difficulty.
Anthony is also a current committee member of the SA/NT Division of The Australian Restructuring Insolvency and Turnaround Association (ARITA), a professional association that represents practitioners and other associated professionals who specialise in the fields of restructuring, insolvency and turnaround. Anthony has held this position since 1 July 2014 and is a current lecturer for ARITA’s Essential Skills education program.
- Bachelor of Economics - University of Adelaide (1991)
- Chartered Accountant (1996)
- Certified Practising Accountant (1996)
- Graduate Diploma of Management (AGSM) (2005)
- Registered Liquidator (2007)
- Official Liquidator (2007)
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association
Recent Major Projects:
With the dominance of small to medium enterprises (SME) in South Australia, Anthony has worked predominantly with SME’s in industries including retail, manufacturing, property, construction, hospitality, finance and agriculture. A selection of more recent larger assignments he has worked on is set out below:
- Administrator and liquidator of Starrs & Co Pty Limited that traded as Truscotts Casual Living, an electrical, furniture and telecommunications retailer with 10 stores across metropolitan and regional South Australia at appointment.
- Administrator and liquidator of the Bianco Group of Companies, one of the largest providers of goods to the building and construction industry in South Australia.
- Administrator and liquidator of the Complete Fire Group of Companies that operated in all areas of fire protection including inspection, testing, service and construction in South Australia and the Northern Territory.
- Administrator and liquidator of Copeland Industries Pty Limited, an employer of 30 staff operating a business primarily focused on the injection moulding of plastic products.
- Receiver and Controller of numerous development, farming and horticultural properties on behalf all the major Australian banks.